Land Acquisition Policy
- Golden Cougar’s Land Acquisition Policy reflects our corporate responsibility with a proper acquisition process that can identity, manage and avoid the adverse impact.
- Formally, most of Golden Cougar’s project and services are performed after a contract or agreement or tender approval from our clients / government departments.
- Land Acquisition, Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA), Social Impact Assessments (SIA), relocation and resettlement of the projects are already performed by client/ government before a contract or tender improvement.
- As an aspect of our going forward responsibility and accountable corporate citizenship, we comply with our land acquisition policy.
- The land acquisition policy will strive a good standard on environmental and social sustainability to ensure engaging of our operational benefit for all stakeholders and for local community.
- The adopted principles of land acquisition are –
- Adopt the principle and performance in line with regional laws and regulations and International Standard of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People (UNDRIP) Article 10.
- Respect for existing land Rights (Formal or Informal)
- Transparency in Negotiation.
- Minimize the impact and promote sustainability of environment.
- Share benefits with local community and all stakeholders.
- Prior, fair and voluntary consent of indigenous people without coercion, manipulation or intimidation.
- Any dispute, complaints and concerns of land acquisition can raise openly with channels to subsidiaries or to central from any aggrieved person, stakeholder or community.
- Our Grievance Policy is an access way of any grievance concerned by any person of internal, external or community.
- The Legal and Compliance department is appointed to resolve any dispute.
- Contact Detail
Head, Legal and Compliance Department.
Golden Cougar Co., Ltd. Yangon, Myanmar.
Office – (+95) 01 243628
Fax – (+95) 01 241123
Mail – [email protected]